LoD Genuine Off Road Equipment - FAQ's
In order to provide some answers to many commonly asked questions we at LoD have put together this FAQ's page in hopes that some of your questions may be answered. If you have any questions that aren't listed here please feel free to give us call. (765)385-0631.
How can I return or exchange an LoD product or submit a request for missing parts?
• All sales are FINAL. Lod will only process returns for exchange or refund in cases that pertain to quality/craftsmanship or items damaged during shipping. To request a return or exchange or submit a request for missing parts, you must first call or email us at [email protected] within 7 days of receiving the product.
• Why do we require pictures for refunds/exchanges and missing parts?
Our goal is to provide the best possible customer support. In order to do that we request our customers to provide pictures of the product, shipping labels and packing lists, and box pictures. This allows our team to review your entire shipment for accuracy. One of our trained specialists will be able to examine your photos to make sure you received everything in your order. We do our best to provide high quality customer experience and error free shipping, but on occasion we do make a mistake. This process allows us to quickly respond to our customers’ needs whether it’s a damaged product, missing part or even a single screw.
Powder coating/Touch up paint
• Powder coating is a very durable finished widely used throughout the industry, however, many factors affect its durability and lifespan in the end. Remember, if any metal part has a small rock chip, scratch, or blemish simply touch that spot up because that one spot will eventually become a rust spot. The finish of your product will be greatly affected by the environment. If the part is exposed to salt or other road-use chemicals the lifespan of the finish will be affected especially if there are any existing chips, scratches or scrapes. Be sure to rinse off any salt, dirt or debris as soon as possible to prevent corrosion. We recommend using Rustoleum brand Black Semi-Gloss Protective Enamel (oil based) to touch up any rust spots. Apply using a foam brush by dabbing to match the powder coat texture.
1. Front bumper Frame tie in brackets do not work with stock skid plate.
2. Front bumper Frame tie in brackets – Shock reservoir hose retainer will need to be removed
3. Stock skid plate will work with Destroyer and Signature front bumpers
4. In order to use LOD front skid plates on JT Mojave, they will need to remove the stock skid plate and its mounting brackets. The customer will need to remove shock reservoir bracket to install the LOD crossmember and then reinstall the shock reservoir brackets. additional bolts and nuts are required. Or they can add captive nut to frame to install the LOD cross bar which is part of the skid plate kit.
5. Destroyer Bed Sliders were not designed to work with stock bumpers, however many have installed these without issues.
1. Signature and Destroyer sliders will work with the 392
2. Roof Rack will not work with wrangler 392 because the hood cowls changed height.
3. Front and rear bumpers work on the wrangler 392. Front Bumpers do not work with OEM front skid plate.
Wrangler 4xe Hybrid
1. Roof rack will NOT work with Hybrid due to the location of the charging port interferes with front mount.
2. Destroyer and Signature sliders will work with the 4xe
1. Rear bumper or Tire Carrier - Will need to lower the Def Tank to get the 4 center bolts near the hitch installed.
JK/ JL/ JT Front Bumpers
• These bumpers work for both models, but require different hardware kits. You can purchase the hardware kit to upgrade to a different Jeep model.
JK/JL/JT Signature Front Bumpers
• This bumper is constructed from 3/16" steel. The winch plate is designed to accept many of the popular winches including the Warn Powerplant. This bumper was designed to allow the winch to sit down inside the bumper between the frame rails for added protection and improved air flow. The bumper is also designed to accept the factory fog lights. If the fog lights were not an option on your Jeep it’s no problem, we also offer a 55 watt halogen fog light kit. We do not have a cover plate for the hole in the bumper, should you not want to run a winch. All bumpers with bull bars come with standard light bar tabs design to fit additional individual lights or a light bar up to 10" inches long. This light mount tab is located behind the bull bar and is not visible from a direct front view.
JK/ JL/ JT Destroyer Front Bumpers
• This bumper is constructed from 3/16" steel. The bumper is designed for the winch to be mounted on the top of the bumper. The bumper is also designed to accept the factory fog lights. If the fog lights were not an option on your Jeep it’s no problem, we also offer a 55 watt halogen fog light kit. All bumpers with bull bars come with standard light bar tabs design to fit additional individual lights or a light bar up to 10" inches long. This light mount tab is located behind the bull bar and is not visible from a direct front view.
What size of clevis / D-rings will fit into the LoD shackle mounts?
• Our shackle mounts fit 3/4” shackle, with a 15/16" hole, with a maximum pin size of 7/8".
JK & JL & JT Rear Bumpers
• These bumpers are all different and are not interchangeable.
What the difference between the TJ Signature Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier and the TJ Expedition Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier?
• TJ Signature Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier – has lights in the bumper; tire carrier accessories & tire can move up & down; locks open at 90*; bent & welded built bumper.
• TJ Expedition Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier – has no lights in the bumper, tire carrier accessories & tire can not move; tube formed bumper.
What is the maximum size tire I can put on my LoD Tire Carrier?
• Any of the LoD Tire Carriers are designed to accept up to a 37" spare with accessories, up to 40 inch spare without accessories.
JK & JL & JT Rocksliders
• JK/JL Signature Series – these frame mounted rocksliders, are tube style constructed rocksliders, made to withstand heavy duty rock crawling/sliding, can take some abuse on the trails,
• JK/JL Destroyer Series – these frame mounted rocksliders are made with 7 gauge steel construction, with an integrated welded in step. These are considered medium duty.
• JK/JL/JT Armor Lite Series – these are frame mounted rocksliders, One Piece Extruded Aluminum body construction for maximum strength! Configurable and modular design allows the addition of individual drop steps or larger one piece drop steps for easy entry and exit from your Jeep. Easy install. 3 piece high strength steel frame mounted design requires NO Drilling to install. Optional high strength steel bolt on skid plate allows you to protect the aluminum sliders from rock rash while allowing the sliders to easily slide over obstacles! With optional steel skid plate, these are considered a medium duty slider.
• Rocksliders will NOT work with the Long Arm Suspension, the lower control arm uses the same mounting position as our rear mounts for the sliders.
JK/JL Roof Rack
• If you are only purchasing the Base Rack you will need the Crossmember kit to complete install and make the install complete for the base rack.
• Base rack is required for sliding rack.
• Sliding rack comes with its own set of crossmembers included. They are different than the base rack crossmembers. These crossmember bars only work with their assigned roof rack.
• Sliding rack can be set up at the time of install to slide out either side, but can only slide 1 way when install is complete.
The rack that slides out the back of the Jeep was discontinued several years ago. We only offer the one that slides out the side.
We do offer Military & Forum Discounts, some package discounts on special quotes.
Bronco Bumper Features:
Comes in a Shorty or Full width length Front Bumper.
-Shorty stops a body of Bronco
-Full stops at stock fenders of Bronco
Full width bumpers will take 2 sets of light bezels, it will take 4 plates.
Bezels only come in sets of 2.
Adaptive Front Bumper with many options for custom look. Modular design with optional Bull Bar, Full Guard, Skid plates, and lights. You can add any accessories at anytime.
Winch ready bumper, recessed for a sleek look, or winch cover plate option if not using a winch for a smooth clean look.
Light Bezel options for… Stock fog lights, Rigid Dually, Baja Designs Squadron, Baja Designs Squadron Round, LoD Radiant lights. *No flush mount light bezel options.*
Yes these bumpers will work with other under belly skids.
Yes you can flat tow with this bumper. Recommend Frame Tie In Brackets to do this. Can use our Blue Ox & Roadmaster adapters.
Tow Point size is the same as the Jeep ¾”
Front bumper will work with OEM front skid plate
INNER COOLER- no issues with our bumper or winch placement, no reason to relocate anything. There will be enough air intake from under the bumper.
Can fit up to a 12k standard winch
Bronco Skid Plate Features:
Front Bumper Skid plate option, will only work with our bumper, it bolts on to the bottom of the bumper.
Front Differential Skid Plate option, you do not have to have the bumper or front bumper skid plate to use this. Will not work with stock OEM front skid plates though
Front A-Arm Skid Plates option, you do not have to have the bumper or front bumper skid plate to use this.
Our JLP0731 Front Bumper Universal Flip Up License Plate Mount will work with the bumpers. No plain license plate mount at this time, just the flip up one is available.
Front parking sensors will work.
Adaptive Cruise Control Mount will be available soon.